THIS RACE HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL SAT SEPT 25, 2021
Thank you for your interest in the My Brothers Keeper Goldsboro Community 5K. OUR VISION is dedicated to building effective mentorship programs, reducing youth violence and measurably improving the lives of young men to ensure all youth reach their full potential.
The MBK Goldsboro 5K will run on a never before used course entirely in the Historic Goldsboro District and through the Goldsboro trail. Participants will get a chance to run through areas where historic landmarks, buildings, schools and churches exist.
Goldsboro is a community and former town in Seminole County, FL. Founded in 1891, it is one of the oldest African-American founded communities in the United States and was established only a few years after nearby Eatonville. In 1911, the community was annexed into Sanford.
The 5K is $25 per entry before race day and $30 per entry on race day. There is also a virtual option for our out of town supporters or locals who just can't make the live race. You can even have your race shirt sent by mail for an additional charge.
Youngsters 14 years and under can participate in the 5K for just $10 but does not include a shirt.
815 Historic Goldsboro Blvd.
Sanford, FL 32771
Custom Diecast Medals to all finishers of the 5K, youth participants included.
Thursday June 17th • Time TBD
*packet pick-up will be available on race day
DAY OF EVENT SCHEDULE
6:30 am – Day of Registration Opens - Packet Pick-up Opens
7:00 am- Special announcements from invited City Leaders and Representatives.
7:45 am- Race warm up
8:00 am - 5K Run/Walk
9:00 am – Awards
Each Registered 5K Runner will receive a race shirt.
Awards will be presented to
- Male and Female 51 years and older 1st, 2nd & 3rd place finishers.
- Male and Female 40-50 years old 1st, 2nd & 3rd place finishers.
- Male and Female 13-39 years old 1st, 2nd & 3rd place finishers.
- Male and Female 12yrs and younger 1st, 2nd & 3rd place finishers.
- A 1st place award will be presented for The Battle of the Badges top Male and Female first responder finishers. Winners of this award must run in live event, not virtual.
Awards will be presented for LARGEST Team
- Want to represent your group, church, team or organization? A 1st, 2nd & 3rd place award will be presented to the top 3 largest teams. (Be sure to select your team during sign up. A team representative will have to create the team name for you to join)
Come out for a safe and enjoyable event while supporting a great cause.
Sponsorship and Vendor opportunities are still available.